This was a cool option which many of us enjoyed during SolidWorks 2013 beta testing. The option is again available via SolidWorks Customer portal for subscription customer. Here are the quick steps to enjoy these with PhotoView 360 2013
- Login to the customer portal.
- Click the “PhotoView 360 Appearances” link in the Download section
- Click the “SolidWorks Asset Sharing” site link
- Luxology site will open up. Go to Assets
- Download a material asset. I’ve downloaded “Wolf Fur”
- Unzip to a folder
- Make sure said folder is a “custom” folder in the list of appearances (click add custom location if not)
- Drag, Drop, have fun!!
Here is a quick preview of the rendering. You might have to adjust size of model and/or other rendering settings to get the desired results.
Watch this video for a complete walk through and some extra information
Learn more about SolidWorks 2013 (no registration required) and if you’re interested in attending a live seminar on SolidWorks 2013, visit: http://www.solidworks.com/launch/find-a-seminar.htm