Many times people have been asking about how they can create an Isometric Section view. When I started working on Solidworks, I used the configurations trick to accomplish this. Now a day I call that as an old trick. I have used one simple revolved part for this exercise. This trick can be applied to assemblies as well. Here goes the old ISO section trick.
1) Create one configuration of the part/assembly of which you want to show the ISO Section.
2) Give any name as per the convenience. I have used Iso Section.
3) Now create a rectangle on the face, either half or one quarter. I have used one quarter.
4) Create a full cut extrude.
5) Save you part and switch to Default configuration.
6) Create the drawing placing/creating an Isometric view.
7) Now RMB on the view and select properties.
8 ) Change the configuration from the pop up window.
9) Your view will look similar to shown below.
You can also skip steps 5-9 by placing the Iso Section configuration on the first view itself. I just wanted to show another option also.
10) Go to Insert, Annotations and select Area/Hatch fill or select from the toolbar.
11) Select the two faces in the Isometric view. Set the type, scale, angle etc. of the hatch and click OK.
12) You are done with the Isometric Section View.