Do you ever wanted to edit the Custom Property List you see under Property name in File Summary Information. You might have to remove or add any additional property or even reorder the list. Here are the few easy steps to achieve that.
1. Close any open SolidWorks session. Though this will not make a difference but might be better sometimes if the list is in use.
2. Browse to this path \\SolidWorks\lang\english (can be different in your machine) or search for Properties.txt file in the director where SolidWorks has been installed.
3. Create a backup copy of this file, just to make sure you can use it again if required. You may rename the backup copy as Properties_Old.
4. Now open the Properties.txt file with any text editor (e.g. Notepad)
5. Add any additional property that you want to see in the list, remove any unwanted property or edit the order of the list in the required manner. I have added two properties Test1 and Test 2.
6. Save the file (either by File > Save or Ctrl + S).
7. Start SolidWorks, open or start a new file and check the list under File Summary Information.
8. You can also keep/copy the edited Properties.txt file over shared folder or network so that every SolidWorks user has access to same file.
9. If you’re copying the file over shared folder or network, make sure you add the path for the file under Tools > Options > File Locations > Custom Properties List.To add the file location, click on Add and browse to the file location.
10. Also the same file is used for name under Custom Property Attributes in Property Tab Builder.