Many of us sometimes needs to see that how a model has been built up in SolidWorks. The most commonly used method is to move scroll bar up in the feature manager tree and then move it step by step down. Using mouse for this process can be tedious sometimes.
STOP here. If you also use this method and looking for something easier, then continue reading and learn anew method.
- Start SolidWorks and go to Tools > Options or click on Options.
- Click on Feature Manager under System Options.
- Select (check) “Arrow Key navigation“.
- Click OK to apply and close the system options.
- Roll back the feature manager tree.
- Click on the scroll bar.
- Using Up-Down arrow keys, you can now move the scroll bar up or down as required.
Other funtions you can achieve with arrow keys
To … Press:
scroll up up arrow
scroll down down arrow
collapse the design tree left arrow with pointer at top of design tree
expand the design tree right arrow with pointer at top of design tree
collapse an item left arrow with pointer at item
expand an item right arrow with pointer at item
drag the rollback bar up up arrow with rollback bar selected
drag the rollback bar down down arrow with rollback bar selected