Do you ever need to reorder exploded view steps or feel like renaming them for better understanding/explanation, then check these simple steps:
Preconditions: An open assembly with some parts and preferably with an exploded view.
I’m using an assembly having an exploded view. Check SolidWorks help file on “How to create an exploded view”
To reorder Exploded View steps:
- Switch to configuration manger.
- Expand the configuration containing the exploded view and edit the feature.
- Select the step you want to reposition/reorder.
- Drag and drop it on the location you need.
- The step in now on the new position. You can close the exploded view property manager and play the changed exploded view animation.
To rename Exploded View steps:
- Expand the exploded view and edit the feature.
- Select the step you want to rename.
- Press F2 on the keyboard.
- Rename as required.
- Click anywhere and your exploded view step has a new name.