Do you get this error while trying to place a Forming Tool in your sheet metal parts.
You get this message if you have saved your Forming Tool as part files (*.sldprt) but not as Form Tool (*.sldftp) files.
To fix it, follow the simple steps:
1. Open SolidWorks and expand your task pane.
2. Right click on Forming Tool folder or on the folder where you have kept the forming tools and select “Forming Tool Folder“
3. You’ll be prompted with following message. Click on “Yes” to proceed.
4. Right click again Forming Tool folder or on the folder where you have kept the forming tools to make sure “Forming Tool Folder” option is selected.
5. Now you can drag and drop your form tool as required.