CAD users and specially SolidWorks users have been asking for a CAD file viewer which can be taken anywhere to present their stuff to others. And with the availability of eDrawings for iPad, an application that lets you bring your 2D and 3D files to a customer’s site, or to a sales meeting, sharing the design concepts will be easy and more quicker.
eDrawings for iPad is the only CAD viewer on the iPad that allows you to view native eDrawings files, DraftSight files, and SolidWorks parts, assemblies and drawings files. Since its launch, eDrawings software has become a successful and much-loved collaboration product. In the last year alone, more than 2 million customers downloaded the eDrawings Viewer. With multi-touch gestures, eDrawings for iPad lets you pan, zoom and rotate 2D and 3D models; animate and explode your 3D views; and view and animate drawings from:
- SolidWorks 3D design software
- DraftSight free CAD software
- AutoCAD® software
- DWG and DXF files
eDrawings is the email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
What are the key features and benefits of eDrawings for iPad?
Available for just $1.99, the capabilities of eDrawings for iPad include:
- Open files from email, Apple® iTunes® File Sharing, or other online file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox, Box, and others)
- Zoom, pan, and rotate 2D or 3D CAD data with the touch of a finger
- View 3D animations, 3D standard views, and 2D drawing views
- Browse assembly components tree, configurations, and drawing sheets
- View designs in full screen – just double tap to expand it on the screen
- Store files on your iPad through iTunes File Sharing
- Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
- Sample files included
How will eDrawings for iPad be supported?
3DS SolidWorks will provide the same level of support offered to the desktop users of eDrawings.
What platforms does eDrawings for iPad support?
eDrawings for iPad is currently available for iPad devices (running iOS 4.3 or later).
In what languages will eDrawings for iPad be available?
Although eDrawings for iPad is available worldwide, the application user interface will initially be available in English only. However, it will support eDrawings files in all languages created with eDrawings publishers, SolidWorks and DraftSight.
If you feel you need more than this, please express your wishes here: The official eDrawings mobile wish list
You can also read more about eDrawings for iPad on following blogs: