Able2Extract Professional is a powerful PDF Converter tool that lets users convert their PDF data into formatted MS Excel spreadsheets, editable MS Word documents, Publisher files, forms, powerpoint presentations, Autocad (DWG, DXF), Open Office, image formats (jpeg, bmp, png, tiff, etc.), HTML and more.
Using the 3 simple steps, you can convert your PDF drawings into DWG/DXF and then import them into SolidWorks to make cool 3d models. I’m using an example from the PDF file shared by Daniel Herzberg on SolidWorks forums.
Let’s play the Abl2Extract “Open, Select, Convert” game and make some quick 3d models:
1. Start Able2Extract and open the PDF file you want to convert.
2. Select the area or complete drawing for conversion
3. Choose DWG/DXF as the file type and you’re done. Make sure to set the required units and scale.
4. Hit Convert and then save the file as required
5. Start SolidWorks and open the saved DWG/DXF file. Follow the steps to get either a Part file or Drawing
6. Since I’ve chosen Part file, here are the quick pictures of the steps I did.
7. Now you’ve a 2d sketch in a part file, so make up your quick 3d model. You can also use 2d to 3d tools