My.SolidWorks – a new community experience that helps you connect, discover and share everything SolidWorks.
My.SolidWorks announced at SolidWorks World 2013, is a new online experience that makes engaging with the SolidWorks community easier than ever. With discussion forums, blog posts, online help and more, a visit to the SolidWorks community site will usually result in an answer. And in cases where it doesn’t, it’s easy to pose a question – one of your fellow users can likely offer advice. My.SolidWorks gives you a single place to find insight and expertise from all over the SolidWorks Community. It lets you connect, discover and share anything and everything SolidWorks.
Some of the key capabilities of My.SolidWorks are:
- Login: Anyone can use My.SolidWorks (http://my.solidworks.com/), but you will get the most out of it, including the most content and the most functionality (some of them are listed below), when you log in.
- Browse: When you open My.SolidWorks, you will see recent items pulled from all over the community. Featured content – articles we think are important to highlight – appear at top. Then on the left side, you see recent items from the SolidWorks blogs, YouTube channel and other sources that are updated less often, while on the right you’ll see posts from sources that are updated more often, like Twitter and the SolidWorks Forums.
- Search: If you’re in need of a quick answer to a question, My.SolidWorks gives you a single search that will return results from all across the SolidWorks Community – YouTube videos, Forum discussions, Online Help, Blogs, Twitter feeds, and more.
- Personalize: If you have particular areas of interest, or content types you want to focus on, you can use filters in My.SolidWorks to tailor the view to meet your needs. These can be saved from session to session, allowing My.SolidWorks to keep your preferences in place, every time you come back.
- Bookmark: If you find something you want to save or get back to easily later, you can simply bookmark the article using the bookmark icon when you hover over the article, then easily browse all of your bookmarked items, using the same bookmark icon in the main view.
- Share: If you find something really great, why not share it? My.SolidWorks lets you share via email or popular social networking sites, allowing you to serve as a resource to colleagues and others who might benefit from that article.
Apart from these, more content and services will be be included over the time in My.SolidWorks, so be ready for more useful information and resources. And not only this but there might mobile capabilities–as well as an add-in to SolidWorks which means you can remain connected to all the SolidWorks geeks around the world with My.SolidWorks.
My.SolidWorks is available now – sign in or sign up today!