Every year SOLIDWORKS users around the world submit their ideas on how SOLIDWORKS software can be improved further to meet their needs and requirements. Users are allowed to submit as many idea as they want. This year close to 972 ideas were submitted (almost twice than what was done last year) and then users are requested to vote for best ideas. Based on the voting, top ideas are picked for the SOLIDWORKS World Top Ten list.
I always try to add ides/enhancement request based on what I feel can be used by most SOLIDWORKS users. Bruce Holway, SOLIDWORKS R&D Application Define Director, introduced the results in a video featuring cameos from SOLIDWORKS World 2015 keynote speakers.
This year’s Top Ten ideas include:
1. Support zero thickness geometry
2. Bidirectional sweep
3. Export sheet metal parts of an assembly to dxf/dwg in flat state
4. Selection list box is too small; should be bigger or flexible in size
5. Display the exact item causing the error
6. Ability to make the inferred relations permanent in sketch
7. Selecting inner loops on a selected face
8. Both direction pattern
9. Topology optimization from Tosca for all engineers
10. Variable pull direction draft
I enjoyed and had a great time at SOLIDWORKS World 2015 and I hope to meet you again at SOLIDWORKS World 2016 in Dallas from January 31st – February 3rd, 2016.