SOLIDWORKS 2016 SP 2.0 EV is available for download
This service pack is now available to Subscription Service customers. To download, click here or log into the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal at https://customerportal.SOLIDWORKS.com and click Download Software and Updates to get access to the update.
As stated by Tom Spine, code changes for SOLIDWORKS 2016 SP02 were locked down at the end of December and SP2 EV (Early Visibility) is planned for next week as we finish up final stability testing. SP2 contains over 200 customer-driven and stability fixes, so we need to stay on schedule with that as we continue to work on your important UI concerns..
Among other things, 2016 SP2 (final version to be released yet) includes:
- Text contrast in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Mate icons.
- Other fixes: About 25 fixes for issues related to the user interface brightness settings, most about problems with the Dark theme.
For registering for Early Visibility Program, log into your SOLIDWORKS Portal account, go to my profile and select the option “Notify me for EV (Early Visibility) access” under My Preferences.
*P.S: Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
– Performance reporting is turned on for EV releases.
– Report critical problems to SOLIDWORKS Technical Support at evis@SOLIDWORKS.com
– The full version is scheduled 3-4 weeks after the EV version and is subject to change without notice.